La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
The ART of Being Dad Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
1. Timing: The La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa “The ART of Being Dad Promotion” (“Promotion”) begins on June 1, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”), and ends on June 15, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Interstate Management Company, LLC, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Promotion constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. There are two (2) ways to enter:
a. Enter using Facebook.
Create a Facebook account. During the Promotion Period, visit http://facebook.com and log into or create a Facebook account using your valid email address that you select to use for your Facebook account (“Facebook Account Email Address”). Creating an account is free, but the use of Facebook is governed by its terms of service (available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms). You need to use your Facebook account for the Promotion and Sponsor will use your Facebook Account Email Address to notify you if you are a potential prize winner and to verify your eligibility if selected.
Enter on Facebook. During the Promotion Period, visit https://www.facebook.com/LaTorrettaLakeResort. Upload one (1) photograph of you with your father or grandfather and explain, in 100 characters or less, why your father or grandfather should be named “La Torretta 2015 Father of the Year”.
b. Enter by Email.
During the Promotion Period, email email@example.com. Attach one (1) photograph of you with your father or grandfather and explain, in 100 characters or less, why your father or grandfather should be named “La Torretta 2015 Father of the Year”.
c. For All Entries.
Your photograph and written narrative of 100 characters or less will together be considered your “Submission”. All Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines (as hereinafter defined) below set forth. Once you complete these steps, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Limit: One (1) entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that participant's entries and that participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook account or email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at Facebook.com or for such email address will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
The photographs must not:
• Contain more than 100 characters;
• Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• Disparage Sponsor or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion and administration of this Promotion;
• Feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
• Contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• Contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• Contain the image of any minor without the explicit permission of his/her legal guardian; or
• Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where submission is created.
Any photograph that does not comply with these guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize in the Promotion and the submitting entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion at the discretion of Sponsor. No notice or opportunity to correct a photograph and/or submission will be given. All decisions about the eligibility of any particular photograph and/or submission will be made at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and are final and binding in all respects.
4. How to Win:
First Prize Selection: Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential First Prize winners on or around June 15th, 2015. Each drawing will take place at the Sponsor’s address as set forth herein. The winner need not be present.
Grand Prize Selection: On or around June 17th, 2015, a panel of qualified judges, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner with the highest-scoring Submission from among all potential First Prize Submissions based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria") with a maximum score of 50 points available: Legacy in Description (maximum 20 points); Photo Emotional Appeal (maximum 20 points); and Photo Creativity (maximum 10 points). In the event of a tie, the Submission having received the highest score in the “Legacy in Description” category will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.
Prize Notification: The potential winners will be notified by email or telephone on or about June 17th, 2015. Except where prohibited, each potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, in order to claim his/her prize. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, then the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place by reviewing the next highest score on the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation.
5. Prizes: FOUR (4) FIRST PRIZES: Each First Prize Winner will receive a prize package that he/she may give to his/her father or grandfather to include: (a) one (1) round of golf at La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa (“Resort”); (b) cart fees for the prize round of golf; and (c) lunch at Final Putt for one (1) person. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $75 each. Total ARV of all First Prizes: $300. [NOTE: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AWARD THE PRIZE(S) TO THE DAD/GRANDFATHER; MUST BE AWARDED TO THE ENTRANT WHO CONSENTED TO THE RULES. WINNER MAY CHOOSE TO GIVE THE PRIZE TO HIS/HER GRANDFATHER, AND WE HAVE DRAFTED THIS INTENT, BUT IT WILL NOT BE BINDING -] ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package that he/she may give to his/her father or grandfather to include: (a) two (2) nights’ accommodations (single room, quad occupancy) at Resort; (b) $100 dining credit at Resort; (c) four (4) rounds of golf at Resort; (d) cart fees for the prize rounds of golf; (e) golf instruction from the Resort pro golfer; (f) one (1) 50-minute Swedish massage in the Resort spa; and (g) one (1) MAN-Facial at the Spa.FOR ALL PRIZES: Alcohol is excluded from this promotion. Certificates must be redeemed by June 30th, 2016. Blackout dates apply. Certificates cannot be combined with any other offer. Must mention this certificate at the time of booking.] Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Promotion, and select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INC. AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Promotion submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Promotion including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Promotion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of Maryland, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland, U.S.A.
10. Sponsor: La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, 600 La Torretta Blvd., Montgomery, TX 77356.
11. Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from participants is subject to Sponsor’s standard privacy policies and procedures.
12. Winners’ List: For the winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “The ART of Being Dad Promotion”, Attn: Marketing, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, 600 La Torretta Blvd., Montgomery, TX 77356. Requests must be received by August 31, 2015.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.